The Sane Developer is reasonable and sensible in their approach to everyday dealings, problem solving and their work.
- are sensible and prudent with their design
- are practical in their execution
- take the advisable approach to solving a problem
- should be responsible for their production
- accept realistic challenges and set realistic goals
- are full of common sense
- know when to be circumspect in the appropiate areas
- are pragmatic in their solutions
- are wise
- are reasonable with others
- have sound rational behind their decisions
- act in a mature manner
- ensure they are level-headed when making any action
- are judicious and politic in their decisions
- have sound, balanced and sober opinions
Why do we want this? Developer Sanity.
"the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner"
When developers deviate from rationality weird shit happens. Weird things which no-one else understands. Weird stuff which sends the next developer off the course of sanity - and so the cycle continues.